Tuesday, August 2, 2011

DOING FINE ART, rOMAN gABRIEL

Fire and Ice, Oil Pastel, rOMAN gABRIEL

LOVERS MILK, Conte' Crayon on Board By: ©Denard-Roman: Gabriel™
Inside her breast is her face, inside his lips his face and a tear of joy.

THE GODDESS NUTURES, Conte' Crayon on Board By: ©Denard-Roman: Gabriel™


THE TRIADIC, Conte' Crayon on Board By: ©Denard-Roman: Gabriel™

I went from drawing graphic novels that my dad would take to work and "DITO" copy for me to Doing Television and FILM. Yeahh "DITO" you would write or draw on this black piece of paper that had this ink back on it that you would tear from it's porferated line and neatly place on a "DITO" machine, this small mini printing press that would print as many copies of from the carbon ink sheet as it could spinning round and round. This was before photo copiers were everywhere. I would write and draw these stories and pictures that my dad would copy and staple for me and I would sell limited edition Photo Novella's / Comic Graphic novels to the kids in the neighborhood. LOL my first publisheing gig.

I went from that to fine art  to photography to film, video, music video, and tv. But all from doing super duper realism to cubist abstraction. Cubism, being able to see and show all sides at once, less the way I paint, and more the way I see. I still see this way, from all sides, all angles, multiple persepctives and it bringing me back to FINE ART again, to painting again, to just me, alone in a room, from dusk till dawn, sometimes hours at at time with out a sound before realizing the music was all in my head. 

Enjoy the silence, break the silence and have a sip of Merlot, some good warm soup, some fresh brewed iced sun tea I had brewing outside in the sunny light since Ra rose this morning. SMell chalk dust, conte crayon colors that dont exsist any more on my fingers from blending colors. Washing the bristle hair brushed in my hands with lavender soap. 

Here's a re introduction a sneak peak of even more pieces to come, and a grand show i seem to be creating for. I cant wait to see what else pours out the eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Los Angeles, California
I am a Producer, Director, Writer, Photographer, Artist. Born in Northern California, raised in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area. My background as a fine art painter and writer has moved me to the motion picture and television to communicate a plethora of ideas and studies. I am a visual philosopher that loves the outdoors and the city, modern and ancient, the iPhone and smoke signals. I heat food over fire, dance to kenethesize my being and love passionately.